Calabasas Behavioral Health Psychiatric Services
We provide Compassionate, Invested Mental Health Care
The experienced and compassionate doctors at Calabasas Behavioral Health provide a spectrum of psychiatric services for mental health issues.
Our clinicians are experts in the following treatment modalities:
- Medication management combined with individual psychotherapy
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation Therapy
Our Mental Health and Psychiatric Services include:
- Anxiety Disorders, including OCD, PSTD, GAD
- Mood Disorders, including depression and bipolar disorder
- Pervasive Developmental Disorders, including Asperger’s and autism spectrum disorder
- Other conditions, including ADHD; impulse control disorders; sleep, tic, and adjustment disorders
- Parent-child relationship issues
- Many other mental health issues
Individuals and families benefit from the sensitive approach to mental health care used by CBH’s doctors. Individual, couples, and family therapists are available to treat families, couples, adults, adolescents, and children.
Psychiatric Services is More than Medication Management
Seeing a psychiatrist is more than deciding if medications are necessary or are if they are the best fit for what you or a loved one is struggling with. Our prescribers engage you in the process of medication management and they may act as your primary psychotherapist, and collaborate with you on interventions which may or may not include medication.
Medication management refers to the practice of prescribing, keeping track of, and providing education around different medications. Our psychiatric services include evaluating each patient’s medical history, including past and current diagnoses and medications. We consider what has worked for you in the past and what is no longer working. At Calabasas Behavioral Health, medication may be a part of a comprehensive, individualized treatment plan which can include:
- Psychopharmacology adults, teens and children
- Minimizing side effects and maximizing benefits
- Educating patients regarding treatment options
- Consulting with your other providers for collaborative care
- Individual, couples or family therapy
- TMS Therapy for depression
- Recommendation for neuropsychological testing
Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) Therapy
Our psychiatric services include the option for Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation, also called TMS. It is a noninvasive and non-systemic application of magnetic stimulation to specific areas of the brain. It is an appropriate option for those who do not benefit from conventional treatments or cannot tolerate the side effects that sometimes result from drug therapies. Unlike drug therapies, TMS is applied while you are awake and alert without the introduction of anything beneath the skin or into the circulatory system.
Get on the Path to Recovery
Calabasas Behavioral Health has the right psychiatric services for you and your family. We provide services to individuals and couples from all over Southern California including Beverly Hills, Agoura Hills, Hollywood, West Hills, Malibu, Valencia, Woodland Hills, and Thousand Oaks.