Medication Prescription & Refill Policies
In order to effectively manage your medication, please be aware that the following guidelines need to be followed:
- To receive refills of your medications, you are responsible to make an appointment to see your psychiatrist in person for a 50 minute session at least once every 3 months.
- It is your responsibility to notify your psychiatrist immediately of any side effects of your medication.
- You will need to notify us if another physician starts you on a new medication, or there is a change in your health status.
- Insurance companies allow only a 30 day supply of medication at a time unless you use a mail away prescription plan which allows a 60 or 90 day supply.
- Please anticipate any refill needs and discuss it during the office visit.
- Please ask your pharmacy to fax refill requests to (877) 917-3450.
- Requests for refills may take up to 48 hours to be available at your pharmacy and are not done on weekends or holidays.